Make it a Jamberry Occasion

Make it a Jamberry Occasion

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Confessions of a Former Nail Biter

Behold

Confessions of a Former Nail-

Biter




                  When I was a little girl, my nails seem to grow with very little effort. I had that Tinkerbell nail polish. You know, the kind that comes in pale pink or blue that you paint and then peel off when it dries? Why that was ever neat, I will never know. My grandma used to have to threaten me to get me to sit still long enough so she could keep them trimmed up. Then sometime around ages 10 through twelve, I started biting my nails. I think back to it and maybe it was some weird tween puberty anxiety or something-I don't know but I bit my nails all through my teenage years, my twenties, and most of my thirties. When I quit smoking a few years back (dirty nasty gross horrible habit-I can't say enough as to how happy I am and how sick it makes me that I ever started, blech) but it only drove me to bite my nails more. So how did I stop? 


          For the past year, I had started seeing all these nail tutorials and endless Pintrest pictures. My sister, Kim, was even decking her nails out (because of course, she's the one who had been the reigning Nail queen). So, I decided, the nail biting had to go. I started off cold turkey but that didn't work. So I started painting them. Even though they were little nubs dreaming of being stubs, I painted them. That pretty much worked but here's the thing-I was buying nail polishes and grow formulas like crazy. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get that perfect look that all the people on Pintrest were having. I am right handed and so my left hand would look really great while my right hand looked as if I were a preschooler with watercolors. I was starting to get nail tips, which I had never had but my nails were weak, thin, and brittle. I was putting enough clear coat on them to make them shine like the Chrysler Building. I also have a  10 year old little boy, a house to keep up (boy, did that sound good or what? Some of you are laughing, but never fear, I'll get you my pretties!), a little grandbaby, and a dog so I was constantly having smudges or having to redo them because the polish that looked dry just never was. Totally bummed me out to the point where I was just about to give up on having pretty nails. Then lo, like a Christmas Miracle in February of 2015, a Jamberry Consultant by the name of Abigail Schoeff was the co-host of an online party for one of her friends, who had just coincidentally threw me an online Origami Owl party (which Happi Stoffel is just the bomb diggity when it comes to Origami Owl and Jamberry-she is definitely an awesome hostess). I don't know why I clicked on the "join" but I did and I am so GLAD I DID! 



               I played some games and won a few free items and Abigail approached me and told me all about Jamberry and her story. Look, I am a mom on a shoe string budget and I had done the Avon bit and suffered many a heartache with Home Interior (The Jeweled Falls collection just was never meant to be mine), and the list goes on. I was soooo very skeptical. It's not like I have a tree in back that grows money and we were talking about something for fingernails. I mean they had all that stuff at the Wal-Mart, right? Well for the next three days of the party-I didn't hear much from Abigail. I kept mulling over in my mind about all the things she had told me and the price of the starter kit was a lot too. We were still waiting on our tax refund. Then one night, she popped up and asked me what I thought so far. I was still a little apprehensive. Well to make a long story short-I saw that yeah, there were similar products (notice I said "similar" ) but nothing like Jamberry and I looked around at all the moms' I knew that like me just couldn't afford spa days or trips to the salon. So with Abigail and Happi's help-I took the plunge. I am so glad I did because these wraps are just the best thing since sliced bread. No kidding! I was told that they last about 2 weeks. I have found that they have lasted me over a month. I change them, because I can't wait to put on new ones. I compare it to having new shoes (Yes, I love shoes) that you can't wait to wear but you can only wear one pair at a time.



           There was also another thing that finally just helped me make the investment. Jamberry PAYS their consultants. Where I live and with the lifestyle of being a busy mom, author, and Nee Nee, I just have not had the best luck at landing a part-time or full time job, so Jamberry lets me work at my own pace, at home, and actually pays me to sell their products. I am not rich by no means, but many of women worked their way pretty quickly to be able to supplement their income. That's a Win! Win! here. My family still gets their needs met, I still get to write like a Mad Hatter, and I get paid to sell Jamberry Nail Wraps and products from home. How awesome is that? Avon ended up costing me more money than I made. Home Interior did not pay their decorators unless they sold enough products that paid for a small country and whatever that was-it wasn't enough. Everyone was already selling Mary Kay-and no one I knew could even afford that. Jamberry products are so affordable and they have GREAT PRODUCTS that are even more affordable than what one would spend at the beauty supply or drug store. It's all about Quality vs. Quantity and with Jamberry, I got both! So it was a no brainer to invest and guess what-I have already earned over $50 in just a little under two months with just word of mouth, a few parties, and a fundraiser. Did I mention, Jamberry does fundraisers? They actually support charities and raising money for non profit organizations like schools, libraries, etc. I mean, how cool  is that?  So in the two and a half months that I have been wearing Jamberry wraps, I have to say that my nails have never looked prettier and all my nail polishes have either been given away or ended up going to the nail polish graveyard. I am totally addicted to NOT biting my nails!  What's your nail story? Are you a nail biter? Comment below and tell me your story. 


 

                                      Hi, my name is Nikki Noffsinger and I am a     Jamberry Consultant for the surrounding Grant County, Indiana area and I also do online parties as well as I have my own web address for online orders. I firmly believe every woman and girl needs to have some pampering and it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I also believe that becoming a Jamberry Consultant is a great way for a busy mom and even a college student to make some extra money. 

                                      Nikki's Jamin Jams-Jamberry Nails 


 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment